Although being the second largest search-engine, I have noticed marketers spend less than 1/3rd the time in optimizing their videos on YouTube than they would on Search Engine Optimisation. Enough has been said and done to rank your website and pages higher on search engines. While, we know of companies who have created rich content for YouTube with enough spends on the cost of video production, use of technology, artists and much more. There are simple freely available tools by YouTube that can be used right from an individual to small businesses to large corporations. Use them to increase interactions, subscribers and also make money!
- YouTube Analytics: Quite similar to Google Analytics and FB Insights, this tool helps you analyze the performance of your video or your channel. Parameters like – Views, Likes, Comments, Subscribers, Top channel video, Demographics, Traffic Sources and more will ensure you know exactly what’s working and what’s not. Though YouTube analytics is not as deep as data from Google Analytics and FB Insights, it still gives you enough data to act upon
- YouTube Capture: The YouTube Capture app allows you to record your videos and upload it faster. The app is presently available for IPhone, IPad & IPad Mini, IPod Touch. It also simplifies color corrections, trimming and adding music to your video in few clicks.
- YouTube Enhance: This feature within your YouTube account allows you to edit your videos and add multiple effects to them. To access this go to Video Manager in your profile and click 'Edit' on any video and click 'Enhancements'. The options here are Auto-fix, color correction, trimming your video, color filters and slow motion. Don't forget to save your edits!
- Captions: Adding captions help reach your video to a larger audience and cuts the language barrier. You can also reach audiences with hearing disability. To add captions, go to Video Manager, click 'edit' and then add click 'Add Captions"
- YouTube Advertising: If you've created a video you think will be appreciated by large audiences, why not put some money behind it to gain maximum traction. Advertising works from the Google AdWords platform and can be customised to any budget and targeting. To get started see more here.
Hope these tools are a good starting point for you to take your videos to the next level! Keep checking the latest updates from YouTube on addition and changes in tools and features.